3 women, 2 men
To inherit their family seaside mansion, three adult siblings and two spouses, estranged remnants of a once aristocratic New England family, must spend a week together in Ocean House for each of ten years–or else lose the house to bulldozers and a public town park. This is their final year, their final week. But the newest family member, a flighty, fragile young bride named Darlene, harbors a dark, mysterious past–as does the quiet old house–and when they come together, ghosts begin awakening.
'Ghosts of Ocean House' was nominated for the Mystery Writers of America’s 2007 Edgar Award. The play also won the F. Gary Newton Playwriting Award in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. In July 2009, it was banned in Utah.
- Nominated for the Mystery Writers of America’s 2007 Edgar Award, Best Play
- Winner, F. Gary Newton Playwriting Award in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Winner, Newton Memorial Playwriting Competition
- Players Ring, Portsmouth, NH, May 2006
- Players Ring, Portsmouth, NH, Oct 2014
- Mad Horse Theater Company, Portland, ME Feb 2014 (staged reading)